A Business Strategy is a company’s top-level plan for setting specific business objectives. Strategic Planning is the process by which business leaders define their business strategy. Strategy is how the business will succeed in creating business growth, a strong sustainable competitive position and strong financial performance.
Strategic planning starts with creating a business vision, defining the aspirations for the business by the leadership. Strategy sets and prioritises the key objectives on how the business will compete successfully, and optimising financial performance with its business model.
Selecting appropriate objectives is the heart of the strategy. It is a complete approach which describes succinctly and concretely how the business plan will meet these objectives. As a result, the business strategy explains in practical terms how the organisation differentiates itself from competitors, how it earns revenues, and where it earns margins.
Successful strategies reflect the organisation’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Resources. They respect the company’s competitors and position the company within its market. A business strategy is delivered by a business plan. But the business plan is only as good as the strategy it is built upon. Successful companies review and revise their strategy at least once a year.
Strategic Planning Workshop
In business, setting the strategy begins with the leadership team recognising the need of their business to compete within their chosen market. Creating, defining and redefining a strategic plan is a core responsibility of a leadership team. Revising and reformulating strategy Is all about setting and meeting clear business objectives.
Our Strategic Planning Workshop provides a facilitated workshop for leaders to step out of their day role and define and redefine their strategy. A Strategic Planning Workshop takes the leadership team through the process of developing their strategy through to creating their plan to implement.
It will answer three vital questions:-
- Where do you want to go with your business?
- How are you going to do it?
- Who is going to do what, when and where and to achieve what?
Benefits of Strategic Planning
Businesses which don’t plan are often seen as Myopic: loosing sight of their customers, focusing on costs and running out of direction and customers.
People choose to work with Richard on strategy because of his experience and expertise in creating successful and sustainable businesses. Richard provides a wide range of strategic planning tools, from review and revision of strategy through to new strategy creation.
Our most popular strategic planning tools are our bespoke strategic planning workshop (SPW) formats or facilitator format Strategic MOST Planning programmes working with directors and senior management to create their plan for success.
Strategic Planning Workshops (SPW)
Strategic Planning Workshops provide business owners with Focus x Direction = Profitability, empowering you to success.
By establish Where you are? What are your goals? Where are you going? How you are going to get there and Who is going to do what When? Our strategic planning is a proven process in establishing clear strategic direction delivering your plan to success.
Designed around a 16 module programme we build the right bespoke strategic plan for your business using our proven SPW programme, built totally around your business goals and objectives.
Learn how contact Strategy@cowden
Strategic Planning Workshop: Established Business
A Strategic Planning Workshop is a proven way to develop your strategic plan for your business. A strategic planning workshop creates a clear direction and focus for your leadership team and whole company pulling them together with a clear plan to implement your strategy.
Our 5 step process reviews where you are, defines where you are going and delivers your plan to achieve it.
- Firstly, build a clear the vision.
- Secondly, focus on the mission critical objectives.
- Thirdly, plan the attack: Choose the optimum battlefield.
- Fourthly: take a reality check: Does the business model stand?
- Fifthly, build a support structure: The strategic framework with a detailed plan to make it happen.
Like to know more about how our Strategic Planning Workshop can drive your business forward? Then contact me here Strategic Planning Workshop @ Cowden
Strategic Planning Workshop: New Business
How do you formulate a business strategy for a new business? We work with new business teams to turn concepts and business plan ideas into reality. Using our experience and research we assess and review new business formation market assumptions to support market entry for a new business.
- Firstly, define a clear the vision and value proposition.
- Secondly, focus on the mission critical first stage objectives.
- Thirdly, plan the market entry strategy, how to enter a market effectively.
- Fourthly, review and revise business operational plan: Does it add up, if not how do we make it add up?
- Fifthly, build a support structure: The strategic framework with a plan to make it happen.
We have worked with many new start-up, early stage businesses, bringing them successfully to market. Our New Business Strategic Planning Workshop supports leaders and leadership teams take good ideas and turn them into successful businesses. Reducing risk, maximising opportunities.
Like to know more about how we support business start-ups, then contact us now: New Business Strategic Planning Workshop @ Cowden
Strategic Planning Framework
Strategic planning is a rare activity for leaders of small businesses. Most leadership teams spend most of their time working IN their business, not ON their business. They get stuck into what is going on, not where they are going or WHY. Few leadership teams spend enough time effectively defining their strategy, being prepared to struggle on rather than review where they are going.
Our Strategic Planning Workshop provides both the opportunity to look up from the day-to-day and see where they are going and WHY, but also the resources and format to come evaluate and reset the forward plan for the business.
The Strategic Framework includes key activities in assessing and revising the value proposition which the brand delivers, including: –
- Where the business is now and why. Reviewing performance via benchmarking and expectations.
- Set specific business objectives for each strategy. Identifying which goals in the framework have priority over others.
- Mapping relationships between the various strategies. Pulling them together, ensuring they support each other to leverage effective resource utilisation.
The strategic framework is a clear structure of looking at the value created and where improvements can be made with the resources and capabilities available. To learn how Strategy@Cowden
A Clear Business Strategy
- Defines the business, creates a specific company strategy, defines your competitive strategy and key strategic objectives.
- Explains how to measure effective impact of change with selective income metrics such as EBIT and EBITDA.
- Shows how to formulate the top-level competitive strategy in five steps, starting with the founder’s vision and building into a complete strategic framework.
With over 20 years experience in building business strategies we have the skills and resources to support a leadership team in developing their business strategy.
Learn more, contact us here strategy@cowden